Societal Issue Targeted:
- Promoting the health benefits of regular positive thinking
- Getting people to give their time to make themselves and other people happier
The Positive Thinking Jar – Reach in and Let a Positive Thought for Today Find You!
“Sometimes, we just need a positive, uplifting or kind message from a friendly face to turn our day around.”
As you rush around your day, imagine someone you’ve never seen before stops you, inviting you to take a beautiful uplifting message from a jar reminding you to fly, dance, sing, think positive, and be kind to others.
Why did they stop you? Are they giving their time simply to try and lift the day of others around them? That’s pretty cool, maybe the newspaper was wrong, the world is full of kind, caring people!
As simple as that, you can already make others around you happier. Would you like to do that as well? Become a Public Happiness Hero and make today happier for others where you live!
Positive thoughts and positive thinking make a huge difference to our lives. Why don’t we study this in school? Here is your School of Positivity homework, get yourself outside and spread these little inspiring messages to remind people to think positive.
- It’s nice to meet up and socialize over coffee while writing inspiring thoughts on little pieces of paper and filling up a ‘lucky dip’ style jar with them (so the messages can ‘find the person they were meant for’).
- Take The Positive Thinking Jar to the streets and invite passers-by to reach in and let today’s positive thought find them!
- Write an article about your experiences and post lots of photos on our albums to share your experience with our community and inspire more people to spread positivity.
- Tell people about Focallocal and invite them to join our Movement here at focallocal.org. Together, through thousands of little positive actions like this, we will create a cultural shift that can change the world!
You will never know which thought will find you; but one thing you can be sure of – it will always be sweet 🙂
Various research articles suggest that positive messages have the power to improve an individual’s cognition and mental well-being, making their relationship with other people strengthened and more sound.