Societal Issues Targeted:
- ..Well its a lot of fun!!!
- Promoting the concept of people in a town uniting to create a community resource
Adults are just outdated children. Age doesn’t out-date you, not finding time to play does!
Its a HUGE slide!
- You’ll need to find 10 or 20 people who are happy to chip in around £5 each
- Set up a quick crowdfunder, if enough people join in you can purchase the slide – if not you won’t be left out of pocket
- Take the slide to the biggest hill in your town, and ask everybody coming to bring 2 bottles of baby oil (water also helps)
- Repeat, as often as you want!
- Post photos in our Facebook page to share your positive experience and inspire others to do the same
- Why not create a Facebook group for the slide, where anyone can ask to come and and use the slide whenever they want? its a community resource now!
Please post your events and experiences in our community so other positive social action heroes can enjoy them, and join you.
- Poly Sheeting (Plastic Sheeting)
- 8mm thickness
- 10 Feet x 100 Feet is a great length
- Should cost around £60
- I got ours from ebay
- Clothes absorb the baby oil and wipe it off. Going naked is the best possible way, but those not wanting that kind of attention from the police stay modest, but remember ‘less is more’.
- You can make a great slip suit out of a THICK bin bag
- Don’t mix other liquids like washing up liquid, shower soap, etc with the baby oil. They fight against each other.
- Being near a water source is a great help
Legal Stuff (how it worked out for us)
If the event gets really large you might get some attention from the police. In the UK you can apply for a Temporary Events Notice (a T.E.N) but personally i think the right for the public to gather in a public space and enjoy a positive activity is (and certainly should be) a protected human right! I have very rarely applied for one, and i’ve had a few discussions with the police but after i explain that its is simply a gathering of local people and a positive community event with no money being exchanged, the police have never made us stop. We were once asked to move, but the officer suggested another near by location.
There is some risk of liability with this event. imagine you brought your football and invited someone to join in who fell over breaking an ankle. Its unfortunate, but wouldn’t be your fault unless it was a concrete football. It is everyone’s own choice if they’d like to slide with you, but if it’s clearly dangerous where or how you set it up that could be considered your fault. Just be a bit sensible :0)